Associate Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
4 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
Associate Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Omeros is seeking an Associate Scientist to join our Medicinal Chemistry team. As a member of our Medicinal Chemistry team, you’ll be supporting the research project team with medicinal chemistry for drug discovery products. This will include performing synthetic organic chemistry in the design of organic molecules to be used in drug discovery.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Medicinal Chemistry Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
The company’s drug product OMIDRIA® (phenylephrine and ketorolac injection) 1% / 0.3% is marketed in the U.S. for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission has approved OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery and other IOL replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has multiple Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-associated thrombotic microangiopathies; complement-mediated glomerulonephropathies; Huntington’s disease and cognitive impairment; and addictive and compulsive disorders. In addition, Omeros has a diverse group of preclinical programs and a proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds, a number of which are in preclinical development. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Designing and synthesizing potential drug candidate molecules
- Conducting complex air- and moisture-sensitive organic reactions
- Analytically characterizing organic compounds using routine methods (NMR, HPLC/MS, etc.)
- Understanding and applying DMPK and biological principals toward the design of small molecules; discusses and maintains structure activity relationships of compounds
- Analyzing, preparing and presenting data
- Effectively using the chemical literature
- Using chemistry related software
- Ensuring safety standards are maintained
- Managing and archiving data
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Attending project meetings
What experience and education do you need?
You’ll need to have a MS degree in Organic Chemistry with 10+ years of experience.
What skills does our ideal candidate have?
As our ideal candidate, you’ll need the following skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of scientific principles and concepts
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of basic computer applications used in general office settings, including word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and presentation software and Internet search engines
- Basic math and standard English grammar and usage; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management and peers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
If you have the skills, knowledge and experience we are looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.