- Translate products’ concepts/insights into fast prototyping to evaluate technical feasibility.
- Independently plan and execute research in support of assigned development projects.
- Design and carry out experimental work using appropriate methods and instrumentation to scientifically confirm efficacy, stability, compatibility and reliability of formulation.
- Responsible for GLP studies (e.g., formula efficacy, toxicity, product chemistry, etc.), and supports clinical studies, regulatory submission, manufacturing scale-up and commercial launches by designing and executing overall formulation development strategies.
- Independently plan schedule of research according to project’s timetable, and establish daily or weekly routines to meet project timetable.
- Record experimental data according to established procedures, makes calculations, evaluates results, makes recommendations and maintains accurate records of work.
- Regularly applies scientific theory to reach conclusions based upon data analysis.
- Present scientific data and recommendation to influence internal stakeholder and drive project direction.
- Identify capability and safety gaps in laboratory. Independently develops solutions and drive the implementation.
- Regularly review scientific journals, patents, regulatory database, new technologies and competitive products to drive competitive advantages of product development pipelines.
- Handle initial patent disclosure and IP of new or existing outside technologies. Conveying all known patent and IP research to internal organization.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of new and existing products.
- Estimated 5% travel will be required for this position.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry or chemical engineering with 0-3 years of industry or post-doctoral/start-up environments are highly preferred; M.S with significant experience would be considered.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in wet chemistry and analytical chemistry (e.g., chromatography)
- In-depth understanding of colloid & surfactant science.
- Extensive hands-on experience in liquid formulation development.
- Understanding of EPA/FDA regulated products is a plus.