Senior Scientist, Chemistry
Senior Scientist, Chemistry
About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a biotechnology company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies. Drawing on integrin biology breakthroughs from the lab of noted entrepreneur and scientific founder Tim Springer, Morphic has developed an exclusive platform to build on these discoveries, complemented by a partnership with computational chemistry leader Schrödinger, Inc., that facilitates the rapid and iterative design of clinical candidates. Morphic was created in 2015 with support from Timothy Springer, PhD, Polaris Partners, Schrödinger Inc., and ShangPharma and raised $51.5M in 2016 from top tier investors. In September 2018, Morphic Therapeutic completed an $80 million Series B financing round to advance multiple programs into the clinic. Integrins are involved in multiple disease areas, including inflammation, fibrosis, vascular diseases and cancer, and inhibitors are clinically validated. The combination of Morphic’s deep Integrin expertise with your skills will enable a rapid path to novel and effective drugs for both orphan and blockbuster indications. Morphic’s laboratories are located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We seek a highly talented and motivated scientist to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity!
Morphic Therapeutic is seeking a skilled medicinal chemist to join our team. The role will suit an individual with a passion for science, strong problem-solving skills, and a sense of urgency to deliver in an early stage, fast paced biotech company.
- Provide chemistry leadership for project teams
- Utilize modern drug design techniques to design inhibitors based on structural insights, in silico modeling and physiochemical properties
- Work closely with Schrödinger scientists to utilize structure-based drug design and computational predictions to advance projects quickly and efficiently
- Communicate and enable external chemistry teams to solve synthetic issues in an efficient manner
- Work closely with internal chemists to advance projects quickly in a collaborative manner
- As a key member of Morphic’s medicinal chemistry team, positively influence Morphic’s overall scientific and corporate culture
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) in chemistry with 5+ years of research experience
- Deep understanding of synthetic and medicinal chemistry, as evidenced by a record of achievement
- Track record of innovation and creative problem solving
- Previous project leadership experience preferred
- Experience in structure-based drug design and working with computational chemists/ structural biologists preferred
- Flexible, tenacious, open minded, creative and inclusive
- Ability to guide external synthetic organic chemistry at CROs
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, known as an excellent team member working together to solve difficult scientific challenges
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.