Associate Director - Formulations
2 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
Agios (agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has two approved oncology precision medicines and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
Agios Pharmaceuticals is searching for a dynamic Formulation Scientist to work in a cross functional, fast paced environment on exciting first in class molecules targeting various indications including oncology and rare genetic diseases. The ideal candidate will lead drug product development and the manufacture of small molecule therapeutics from Phase I through NDA.
- Guide CRO to conduct preformulation characterization and design formulations at different stages of development (pre-clinical through Phase 3)
- Manage external CRO/CDMOs to prepare/manufacture drug products under GLPs and cGMPs to supply toxicology studies, clinical trials and commercial
- Familiar with QBD approach to develop robust drug product
- Author formulation development reports and drug product sections in IND, IMPD and NDA filings
- Work collaboratively with DMPK, toxicology, pharmacology and clinical development to develop and deliver appropriate drug products for different phases of animal and human studies
- Serve as the CMC leader of development projects to coordinate all CMC related development activities
- PhD in pharmaceutics, chemistry, material science, chemical engineer or related discipline with 6+ years industry experience.
- Excellent scientific knowledge in preformulation, material science and formulation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in managing CROs and CMOs
- Experience with design and analysis of DoE’s
- Experience and ability to draft drug product sections of INDs, IMPDs, and NDAs
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and submitting required documentation pertaining to the development and preparation of drug products under cGMP environment
- A proven track record of successful development of oral solid dosage forms
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at helping patients with serious diseases
- Ability to travel both international and domestic. Travel is approximately 25%.
- Experience with QbD approaches to drug product development
- Experience with crossover study designs and analysis
- Ability and track record of successfully leading and representing CMC function in cross-functional teams to progress projects
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
Apply for Associate Director - Formulations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly