Assistant Teaching Professor
The Department of Chemistry at Rutgers University, Camden campus seeks applications for a full-time, 10-month non-tenure track (NTT) Assistant Professor appointment in Chemistry with an emphasis on teaching and coordinating courses in General, Organic and Biological Chemistry for both chemistry and non-chemistry majors enrolled in the Nursing, Health Sciences, Biology, or Forensic Sciences Programs. This is a 2-year appointment with possibility of renewal. The teaching load is 4 courses per semester, with possible course releases allowing time for administrative duties.
The incumbent faculty member shall:
1. Maintain a rigorous and robust teaching program in General, Organic and Biological Chemistry for both chemistry and non-chemistry majors in nursing, health sciences, biology or forensics
2. Build a robust nationally recognized teaching program or paradigm focusing on successful implementations of novel curriculum, teaching methodologies, or programs
3. Utilize recognized best practice for science education, including active and experiential learning pedagogies
4. Collaborate with administrators and student advisors from the School of Nursing, Department of Biology, and other relevant programs to ensure assigned courses meet the needs of the relevant Department or Program
5. If applicable, be familiar with and teach to the educational requirements and expectations associated with licensure or certification, and develop course content that meets these requirements
6. Develop an electronic system to demonstrate that the minimum educational requirements are met for each course
7. Under the guidance of the Department of Chemistry Chair, manage and train part-time laboratory staff, lecturers, or teaching assistants in General, Organic or Biological Chemistry Laboratory procedures, methods and instructional practices
8. Aid in the maintenance and management of teaching laboratories and shared facilities, instrumentation and space
9. Aid in the maintenance and management of course scheduling to ensure all Chemistry stake-holder groups are well-represented within the Department of Chemistry
10. Have the opportunity to pursue internal or external funding and publish in peer-reviewed journals
11. Be given the opportunity to mentor undergraduate and graduate students in independent projects related to chemistry
Qualified applicants should upload a cover letter, CV, a 1-2 page statement of teaching philosophy and a sample syllabus at https://jobs.rutgers.edu by Feb 28, 2019 for consideration.
Applications should be submitted directly at: http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/79724 .
More searches like this
- Biochemical Teaching-Writing Full time jobs in Philadelphia
- Biological Teaching-Writing Full time jobs in Philadelphia
- Education Teaching-Writing Full time jobs in Philadelphia
- General / Technical Teaching-Writing Full time jobs in Philadelphia
- Organic Teaching-Writing Full time jobs in Philadelphia