5 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
We seek a highly motived, creative and innovative postdoctoral fellow with a chemistry, biomedical engineering, or related background to join our lab at The Translational and Molecular Imaging Institute, Radiology Department of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City.
Our lab focuses on the development of nanoparticle immunotherapy platforms and the technologies to monitor their in vivo behavior. We strive to optimize efficacy through the derivatizing of drugs and fine-tuning of nanotherapeutic morphology. In addition, we develop novel radiochemical, mass, and optical labeling strategies to gain a better understanding of the nanotherapeutics’ in vivo behavior, as well as improving the efficiency with which these can be screened. Our nanotherapeutics are applied for the treatment of cardiovascular disease, cancer and allograft transplantation, for which we perform in vivo studies in animals ranging from small rodents to non-human primates. Our program is part of Mount Sinai’s Translational and Molecular Imaging Institute (TMII) and we formally collaborate with investigators at New York University, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- As a postdoctoral fellow you will derivatize drugs and imaging tracers.
- You will be responsible for the development and optimization of novel nanotherapeutic
platforms e.g., by means of microfluidics.
- You will analyze these nanotherapeutics in vitro and are highly encouraged to collaborate
in their in vivo analysis as well.
- You will be part of a highly motivated multidisciplinary team consisting of chemists,
immunologists, medical doctors and in vivo imaging specialists.
- A PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedicine, material science or a comparable discipline.
- Experience in common analytical techniques (HPLC, NMR, DLS, TEM, UV-Vis).
- Excellent communication and writing skills in the English language.
- You are a team player and excited to collaborate with others.
- Experience in immunology and the formulation of nanotherapeutics is desirable.
Interested candidates can apply by email to email@example.com.
The following documents are required:
- A cover letter and curriculum vitae.
- At least two letters of support stating the suitability of the applicant for this position.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly