Product Development Engineer
About Chemeleon: Chemeleon (www.chemeleon.com) is a Brooklyn-based startup company developing disruptive sensing technology to make a safer and smarter world. Our platform colorimetric sensor technology provides an autonomous and inert means of rapidly and accurately detecting chemical compounds in the field, obviating the need for slow, complex and expensive lab analysis for healthcare providers and laymen alike. Under grants from the National Science Foundation, we are utilizing this platform technology to detect "date rape drugs" via smart straws and stirrers that will effectively change colors upon the detection of ketamine, GHB and benzodiazepines in alcoholic beverages. Next, under a grant from the National Institutes of Health, we will harness this platform technology to develop a point-of-care diagnostic to detect Cerebrospinal Fluid to enable neurosurgeons to optimize treatments for patients. We have 12 patents for this ground-breaking platform technology and a team of experienced entrepreneurs and R&D scientists to lead the way.
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic, highly motivated product development engineer to join our technology development team. A minimum of bachelor’s degree in materials science or related discipline with proven track record of product development is required.Applicants should have hands-on experience in nanomaterials and nanodevice fabrication and prototyping. Demonstrated past experience in chemical sensor or biosensor related product development is preferred. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work on interdisciplinary engineering projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s or PhD’s degree in materials science, chemistry, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience with some or all of the following areas: micro/nanofabrication, microfluidics, micro/nano biosensing, N/MEMS, analytical chemistry or polymer chemistry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a product engineering and development role.
- Industrial experience with and track record of maintaining quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment to successfully plan and complete projects and solve engineering problems.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, cheerful individual who wants to be part of a dynamic technology development team.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, time sensitive, startup environment with positive can-do attitude.
Preferred Skills & Experience (not required)
- Experience in color science and optical characterization and data interpretation such as optical spectroscopy.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software (e.g. AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor)
- Knowledge in electronics and optics is a plus
- Experience in sensor technology development
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design new products, product improvements and product customization from a given list of requirements.
- Design and manage the manufacturing of detail parts, assemblies, and installations.
- Work under the guidance of the technical leadership to improve performance of manufacturing systems such as quality requirements and maintenance’s needs; Record, compile and write reports on the testing results.
- Support project timelines and milestones and bring them to completion on time and within budget.
- Engage in clear and concise communication with colleagues and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings.
- Troubleshoot and improve existing processes, tools and chemistries to create robust products and improve process performance.
- Fabricate and functionalize materials at length scales from mm to nm, using a wide range of technologies.
Apply for Product Development Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly