NRC Research Associateship Programs
The National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine offers postdoctoral and senior research awards on behalf of 23 U.S. federal research agencies and affiliated institutions with facilities at over 100 locations throughout the U.S. and abroad.
We are actively seeking highly qualified candidates including recent doctoral recipients and senior researchers. Applications are accepted during four annual review cycles (with deadlines of, May 1, August 1, November 1, and February 1).
Awardees have the opportunity to:
- conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the sponsoring laboratory
- devote full-time effort to research and publication
- access the excellent and often unique facilities of the federal research enterprise
- collaborate with leading scientists and engineers at the sponsoring laboratories
Benefits of an NRC Research Associateship award include:
- 1 year award, renewable for up to 3 years
- Stipend ranging from $45,000 to $80,000, higher for senior researchers
- Health insurance, relocation benefits, and professional travel allowance
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants should hold, or anticipate receiving, an earned doctorate in science or engineering. Degrees from universities abroad should be equivalent in training and research experience to a degree from a U.S. institution. Some awards are open to foreign nationals as well as to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine’s Fellowships Office has conducted the NRC Research Associateship Programs in cooperation with sponsoring federal laboratories and other research organizations approved for participation since 1954. Through national competitions, the Fellowships Office recommends and makes NRC Research Associateship awards to outstanding postdoctoral and senior scientists and engineers for tenure as guest researchers at participating laboratories. A limited number of opportunities are available for support of graduate students in select fields.
To get more information and to apply, please visit: www.nas.edu/RAP
More searches like this
- Agrochemical Research-Applied Full time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Analytical Research-Applied Full time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Biochemical Research-Applied Full time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Biological Research-Applied Full time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Biotechnical Research-Applied Full time jobs in Washington D.C.