Site Chemist- Sparks, GA-1804786
Site Chemist- Sparks, GA-1804786
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Site Chemist (1804786) – Sparks, GA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are searching for a professional like you to serve as a project lead in managing
manufacturing and laboratory efforts to accomplish project goals and objectives. You will generate ideas on how to effectively plan and execute experiments to achieve targets and interpret the results.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your educational and professional background in a Chemistry or similar field of study, you will apply your expertise and knowledge across a breath of multiple related disciplines, technologies, and processes.
- Your strong capabilities in project planning, oversight, and training will be a valued asset as you serve in a key role in the planning design, experimentation, and implementation of projects.
- Your commitment to a safe working environment will be essential as you will be proactive in creating a Zero Incident mindset.
- Successfully engaging across and outside the organization, you will interact frequently with colleagues, direct reports, suppliers, business partners, and customers to address and resolve complex technical issues, while setting a research direction that provides innovation and breakthrough advantages for BASF.
- As a role model, you will train and coach lab technicians and quality assurance personnel to achieve individual success while maintaining adherence to established organizational business objectives.
- Demonstrating your wealth of experience in method development and data validation including chromatography (LC-MS), you will analyze, validate and report laboratory data generated as a result of plant trials, studies, etc. to assist in providing troubleshooting recommendations for new and existing processes.
- Utilizing your working knowledge of statistical quality control (SQC) use in a laboratory setting, you will develop and implement site Product Assurance Plans (PAP). Additionally, you will develop, implement and monitor use of SQC in the laboratory.
- Your experience in Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control in a chemical manufacturing environment will be instrumental as you plan, control and assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles, which include planning processes, material control, acceptance, sampling and measurement systems.
- Demonstrating your strong communication and relationship building skills, you will lead/assist in nonconformance investigations (internal and customers) and related data analysis/reporting.
- Your experience in method development and data validation including chromatography (HPLC), spectroscopy (NIR), physical and wet chemistry will be vital as you develop, validate and implement analytical methods for the routine analysis of site related products.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
: REDE - Research & Development
: Day Job
: N-APN/P-Regional Operations-63007151
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: