The Department of STEAM Education operates within the College of Education, which offers undergraduate programs in Health and Exercise Science, Music and Art and graduate programs in Science and Mathematics Education.
The College of Education is searching for qualified and experienced Science educators who demonstrate familiarity with the accreditation standards of national associations in science education, such as the National Science Teachers Association. This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal on a term by term basis. The position requires availability during the regular school day.
- Master's degree in science education or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely associated with science or STEM education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for science education
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private successful teaching at the secondary level (6-12)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and service in education in the area of science education
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with 6-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices in science education
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with supervision of teachers
- Experience with Danielson framework
- Experience with edTPA
- Experience with teaching in higher education settings
Starting Date: Spring 2016 Semester
Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 15,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is the second university in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree granting programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients in Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Its business incubator also supports that mission. The University boasts seven colleges?William G. Rohrer College of Business, Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering and colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics.
Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Issam Abi-El-Mona at email@example.com
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
All applications should include: a letter of application, which includes a description of research, teaching philosophy and interests, sample publication, curriculum vita, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.