The Agnes Irwin School’s Science Department seeks an experienced, dynamic, and creative Lower School Science Teacher, to serve as a part-time Long-Term Substitute Teacher from mid-November 2016 until mid-March 2017. The duties of this 60%, temporary position include teaching third and fourth grade science, and any other additional duties associated with this position, including after school meetings. Candidates should be comfortable teaching in an individual or team-teacher setting. Successful candidates will have a proven record of teaching lower level science classes, engaging students in class, managing a classroom in an effective and safe manner, and inspiring a love of learning.
Successful candidates must possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in science required, PA certification in K-6 Elementary Education strongly preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience preferred
• Proficiency in the use of classroom technology: interactive smart board, various Microsoft Office applications, and Google products (docs, calendar, drive, gmail, sites)
• Proven ability to engage students in meaningful classroom activities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
To apply for this position, candidates must apply using the following link to an online application:
Please do not use the NAIS "Apply Now" option. Rather, please access our online application using the link referenced above. To be considered for this position, candidates must complete this online application.
The Agnes Irwin School is actively recruiting candidates in accordance with diversity plans, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.