| || |
A completed application is required in order to be considered for this position.
| || |
| || |
San Diego State University is the oldest and largest higher education institution in the San Diego region. Since its founding in 1897, SDSU has grown to offer bachelor's degrees in 91 areas, master's degrees in 78 areas and doctorates in 22 areas. SDSU's approximately 35,000 students participate in an academic curriculum distinguished by direct contact with faculty and an increasing international emphasis that prepares them for a global future.
SDSU is a large, diverse, urban university and Hispanic-Serving Institution with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusive excellence. Our campus community is diverse in many ways, including in terms of race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, pregnancy, medical condition, and covered veteran status. We strive to build and sustain a welcoming environment for all.
SDSU is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of underrepresented groups.
| || |
| || |
Full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Under general direction of the Director of Resource Management, the incumbent responsible for independently overseeing and/or administering various College of Sciences State operating budgets, providing budget control, developing and maintaining budget and accounting systems that facilitate the management of General Fund, Equipment funds, Reimbursed, Revenue based, and Cost Recovery State accounts. Using Oracle and Excel, the incumbent provides technical budgetary control, oversight and reporting; responsible for the day-to-day recording and documentation of financial transactions, the assignment of transaction codes and the preparation of documents for processing through the system; performs monthly reconciliation of accounts, prepares budget reports and projections; analyzes data, identifies variances and investigates and resolves discrepancies.
| || |
| || |
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,288 -$4,000 per month (CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,288 - $5,529 per month). The competitive salary is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
| || |
| || |
Responsible for the day to day administration of the College state account, providing technical budgetary control, oversight and reporting. This position is independently responsible for:
- Day-to-day recording and documentation of financial transactions and transfers, the assignment of transaction codes and the preparation of documents for processing through the system.
- Develop and maintain budgeting and accounting systems that facilitate the management and reporting of General Fund, Equipment Funds, Reimbursed and Revenue based accounts, Cost Recovery accounts, etc.
- Working with the Department Coordinators and using Oracle and Excel, tracks allocations, expense transactions, revenues and equipment purchases.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of COS accounts; analyzes data and identifies variances; investigating and resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Responsible for maintaining the Non-Instructional budget data spreadsheet which projects the payroll expenses for the year; ensuring data is updated with actual salary expenses after auditing and reconciling against payroll reports on a monthly basis; identifies variances. Working with the Director of Resource Management, will make corrections or transfers to eliminate discrepancies.
- Responsible for monitoring of the New Faculty “start-up” package budgets, tracking spending, analyzing data and making accurate projections; providing reports and balance available information to the Director of Resource Management monthly.
- Responsible for initiating and compiling the annual equipment requests for review by the Director of Resource Management and the Dean. Responsible for monitoring the equipment expenditures to ensure appropriateness and purchases do not exceed the approved budget.
- Responsible for Procurement Card applications and expenses and provides procurement assistance to core college staff and small programs. (Facilities, SCEC, Student Affairs, Environmental Science, Homeland Security, etc.)
- As a part of the budget team, may also be involved in Instructional budget and SDSURF budget related activities.
- Responsible for the hiring of non-instruction related student assistants on State Funds, the preparation of all documents; Student Employment Authorization forms, time cards, etc. Independently track student assistant positions, the pay source, and the projected cost, particularly as related to new faculty startup commitments.
- May also work with the Resource Manager in duties related to staff recruitment. Preparation of documents, follow up on the progress of positions to ensure they move through the system in a timely fashion, etc.
- Coordinate Department Coordinator/Program Coordinator meetings (quarterly)
- Serves as a resource to the departments/programs for budget questions and ORACLE training
- Prepares, tracks and monitors facilities repair/renovation requests to Physical Plant; act as liaison between Physical Plant and the end user (department or faculty member); manage all funds and payment authorizations involved.
Other duties as assigned