Position X1619 Extension Agent
Program Area Family & Consumer Sciences
Clientele Served Adult
Headquarters Covington, TN
Screening of applicants' credentials will begin 04/03/2016 and will continue until the position is filled.
Date Issued: 03/03/2016
Effective Date: 07/01/2016
Commensurate with training and experience. This position is funded jointly by UT Extension and Tipton County. Tipton County Government funds 32% of the position salary and benefits costs.
Group hospitalization and life insurance; State Retirement; Workers' Compensation; study, sick and annual leave;
numerous University of Tennessee and state benefits programs, including liberal time off for holidays, and longevity pay after
three years of service; reimbursement for official travel.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate adult (100%) Family and Consumer Sciences educational programs.
- Responsible to the County Extension Director and must keep current on the latest research information in Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion or veteran status.
- Assume joint responsibility for all applicable Family Consumer Science projects, activities, shows, events, and committees.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteer leaders and serve as an educational resource for the Family and Consumer Sciences programs within the county.
- Secure extramural funds to support Extension programs via grants, fee-based programs, and gifts.
- Develop and maintain expertise about issues important to Family Consumer Science development in the county.
- Cooperate with the staff in promoting the total Extension program.
- Develop a network of relationships with key stakeholders, organizations, and Extension employees pertinent to Extension programs in the county.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of program accomplishments and impacts into the UT Extension reporting system.
- Must be willing to assume other duties as assigned.
UT Extension provides a gateway to the University of Tennessee as the outreach unit of the Institute of Agriculture. With an office in every Tennessee county, UT Extension delivers educational programs and research-based information to citizens throughout the state. In cooperation with Tennessee State University, UT Extension works with farmers, families, youth and communities, to improve lives by addressing problems and issues at the local, state and national levels.