| EOE Statement:|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Earth and Planetary Science. The position is located at Rudolph Hall. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Arts and Sciences.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
- Install, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment and instruments, including the custom-built gas processing line and high-resolution noble gas isotope ratio multi-collector mass spectrometer.
- Manage laboratory budget (including purchasing and billing), and laboratory safety and compliance. Develop and implement laboratory policy, procedures and protocols.
- Orient, train and supervise new students and collaborators
- Develop and perform geochemical analyses in the laboratory. Design and develop new analytical techniques.
- Pursue independent research
Bachelor's degree in Physical Sciences field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mentorship of students.
- Technical expertise with mass spectrometry and gas processing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to carry out independent laboratory work.
- Capable of recognizing and solving problems involving laboratory protocols and equipment.
- Able to understand and communicate technical information.
- Capable of organizing multiple projects and keeping detailed notes.
- Able to manage small groups in lab-intensive projects.
PhD in Physical Sciences field, laboratory experience with noble gas mass spectrometry, ultra-high vacuum gas processing, and laboratory automation methods. Two years relevant laboratory management experience.
The hiring range for this position is $36,660 - $49,491 annually.
Applicant Special Instructions:
Applicants should send a CV, including details on relevant experience and expertise, along with contact information for 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.