IBS invites applicants for the position of Associate Director who are senior-level researchers with high research potentials, and are able to run his or her own research group in collaboration with the directors within their Research Centers.
1. Introduction of the research center
- CALDES was established in June 1st, 2013 under the directorship of Prof. Han Woong Yeom with government endeavor to boost high-level basic science research in Korea.
- CALDES is located inside Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) an elite private research university at the seaport city of Pohang, Korea.
- CALDES is one of 26 centers belonging to the IBS with its goal to create new atomic scale low dimensional materials which host exotic low dimensional electronic systems and to discover new physics and functionality within them. Various two dimensional (2D) atomic crystals, 1D and 2D self-assembled/crystallized systems on surfaces, layered compounds and their hetero-structures, 1D/2D organic crystals and their hybrids are among the materials to be investigated.
- For more information, visit http://caldes.ibs.re.kr/html/caldes_en/
2. Job description
-Spectroscopy Group Leader, Associate Director
Spectroscopy group leader (Associate Director) is expected to construct a new group of CALDES focusing on the spectroscopic investigations of artificial low dimensional electronic systems. Diverse spectroscopy activity can be incorporated within this group with the major focus on those synchrotron radiation activities anchored in Pohang Light Source. This group will be responsible to operate a new spin-polarized ARPES end station in Pohang Light Source in close collaboration with the Director Han Woong Yeom’s group. In addition, outbound collaborations are welcome to use oversea synchrotron radiation and neutron facilities.
3. Requirements for the position
-All candidate should have strong leadership and management skill to establish a massive and stand alone research program.
-All candidate should have strong cooperative attitude to collaborate internally and externally, in particular with Director Han Woong Yeom’s STM/ARPES group.
-All candidate should be strong research background on synchrotron radiation and photoelectron spectroscopy.
-A successful candidate would have distinguished academic performance and well established international academic reputation in his/her own field.
-All candidate must be able to commit themselves completely in the long-tern IBS research activities.
- Authority to run his/her own research team.
- Sizable independent research budget.
- Tenured or permanent position.
5. General Selection Procedure
- Recruitment of applicants by public advertisement
- Selection of candidates for in-depth evaluation
- Symposium and in-depth interview by review panel
- Decision by the SEC(Selection & Evaluation Committee) about recommendation
- Negotiation with director
- Appointment by the president
6. Application Submission
- Please fill out the ‘Application Form’ in English and email it as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Month Day (6 weeks after announcement).
- E-mail title should include ‘Name of Applicant’ and ‘Name of the Research Center’
[ Contact Information ]
Minkyung JANG, Research Evaluation Team
Division of Research Service
Institute for Basic Science
70, Yuseong-daero 1689-gil, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea 305-811
Tel. No.: +82-42-878-8228
Fax No.: +82-42-878-8065
* For more information, please visit IBS website (www.ibs.re.kr).
7. Download link for ‘Application Form’