| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including documentation and preparation of materials.
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Coordinates tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
Good communication and organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as to be part of a team. The person we are looking for is motivated and would like to learn new techniques but has some experience in a lab setting. Knowledge of genotyping and managing a mouse colony, immunohistochemical or biochemical techniques is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
The hiring range for this position is $13.52 to $18.25 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.� Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade R06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Science. This position is for the Medical School Campus.