| About Us |
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Base Protection/Customer Satisfaction
- Support customers mainly at the Lab Director/Physician level and higher. Gather information about customer interests and concerns.
- Provide ongoing customer support through accessing and leveraging scientific information and company resources to meet customer and company needs.
- Support Hotline/Apps/Sales by responding to customers with advanced clinical and technical issues.
- Create education and presentation materials in support of internal and external customer needs, while ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Participate in User Group Meetings to increase customer loyalty and knowledge of Beckman Coulter products.
- Delivery Grand Rounds presentations both live and via WebEx to ED, Cardiology, Oncology, Internal Medicine physicians, etc.
Market Share Growth
- Integrate scientific expertise and knowledge of Product Management and Marketing's objectives to identify medical thought leaders who can positively impact sales of -Beckman Coulter products.
- Identify key targets and markets for promoting targeted areas of emphasis, e.g., professional meetings, physician specialty practices, etc.
- Provide high-level presentations and visit with pathologists, physician speciality groups, lab staff and other medical staff to promote and support full menu utilization.
- Develop and manage investigatory-initiated research opportunities with current products as scientific marketing efforts that will support company objectives and strengthen customer loyalty.
- Participate in sales process with presentations on clinical benefits and technical advantages of Beckman Coulter assays.
- Develop network of credible consultative relationships with key physicians, specialists, pathologists, and clinical chemists to advise and participate in -Product Management and Marketing activities.
- Attend national meetings of professional organizations and report relevant information to appropriate contacts. Provide technical support at booth.
- Develop customer-partners to write white paper proof sources and create high-level awareness.
- Identify specialty practices in medicine to recognize new applications for products and attend meetings where a Beckman Coulter presence would expand on existing venues.
- Continually monitor the medical environment to sustain expertise in disease state management and new therapies, competitive products and features, and implications for Beckman Coulter.
- Review publications that involve or could affect Beckman Coulter products and prepare positioning statements for use by the sales force.
- Develop, support and participate in product/disease state training for all levels of sales force.
- Gather competitive information and communicate through appropriate channels.
After Sale Technical and Clinical Support
- Manage customer expectations regarding assay performance, verification studies, etc.
- Provide post sale consultation at the Lab Director/Medical Director level to assess the technical health of the account by providing a comprehensive evaluation of individual lab and peer group performance.
- Work with Applications at commercial accounts or large IDNs during instrument validation to provide consistent data collection and review in line with customer protocols.
- Assist with problems that go beyond Service, Applications and Tech Support.
- Participate in Business Review Meetings when needed to address technical or clinical issues and/or to drive menu expansion.
Continuing Education Programs
- Grand rounds presentations to the Medical Staff and presentations to the Laboratory staff:
- To support current issues, e.g., cardiac cutoffs
- To drive menu expansion
- As a value added service to key customers
- Support and participate in product and disease state training.
- Initial training on a local level for new personnel
- On-going training at national or area meetings
- Create educational and presentation material in support of internal and external customer needs.
- Assist in developing sales tools and aids. -Gather competitive information to maximize advantages of BCI assays.