- Teach upper and lower division chemistry courses at the undergraduate level
- Participate in curriculum development for individual courses and overall program
- Provide service to the department, school and/or university
- Other duties as assigned
- D. in chemistry or a related field
- Post-doctoral and/or prior teaching experience is highly desirable
- Broadly trained, versatile chemists with a strong commitment to undergraduate education, an active research agenda inclusive of undergraduate students, and willingness to serve at the department, school and university levels
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by November 1, 2016; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. The University is located 12 miles north of San Francisco nestled in the foothills Marin County. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16 with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
In 2002, Dominican instituted a research-intensive science curriculum in which 100% of the science students are engaged in research beginning their freshman year. Today, our science faculty have established national and international collaborations and secured federal funding to support innovative research. Our Bachelor’s of Science (BS) program in Chemistry, introduced in the fall of 2010, is designed to provide a foundational basis for students interested in pursuing careers in chemistry, environmental sciences, pharmacology, toxicology, forensic science and health-related fields.
- Click the hyperlink below
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
- Link: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- Also, email your entire set of application materials as a single pdf to Randall Hall, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information Contact:
Dr. Randall Hall, Professor of Chemistry and Chair of Search Committee
50 Acacia Ave
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.