If you are passionate about testing claims for personal care products, please read on!
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and we are the leader in sustainable chemical solutions. At BASF, we create chemistry focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world every day.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
In addition to our many other businesses, BASF is the largest global supplier of materials for the personal care and home care industries. We design and market polymers, surfactants, UV filters, emollients, and biological actives for skin, hair, and oral care products, among others. Many of these products rely on compelling consumer claims supported by solid research evidence meeting demanding regulatory requirements.
We are currently seeking a Senior Team Lead to oversee all claims substantiation testing for personal care products in North America which includes the physical and sensory testing of product formulations in the Tarrytown Product Performance Laboratory. The lab is staffed with a scientist, a contractor and test instruments. The site also performs in vivo clinical and consumer testing at the Tarrytown Consumer Testing Center, a 2,000-foot facility, staffed with 4 clinical scientists.
Senior Team Lead, Product Performance (1602940)
You will identify new and innovative clinical and physical product claims and develops in vitro test methodologies and clinical study protocols to support those claims. You are responsible for continually assessing instrument techniques used in the industry and proposing new instruments to add to our research center. You lead the product performance team to document standard operating procedures and improve research techniques and quality. You will work closely with global product performance teams in Europe and Asia. Finally, you are a key member of the global biological actives team and will work intensively with our new product development teams in France and Germany.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Flawless execute the demanding clinical test schedule for the clinical research center and continual improvement of clinical research quality.
- Build claim support for our personal care ingredient portfolio and bioactives product development by performing physical and sensory evaluations of products and prototypes.
- Develop new and innovative clinical and consumer claims support methods and clinical test protocols for BASF technologies in home and personal care and increase the quality and capacity of the clinical test center.
- Continue building a sizable, reliable pool of clinical panelists in the Tarrytown area.
- Manage the clinical center budget and panelist payment system and leverage the center as a resource to other business units within BASF.
- Manage the interface with external CROs (Contract Research Organizations) and designing external clinical studies.
- Communicate results to internal stakeholders, the external scientific community, and to customer.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.