Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Marketing Science, Manager/Sr. Manager - Market Analysis and Strategy
The Analytics Manager/Senior Manager in Marketing Science (MS) actively participates in Genentech’s commercial planning efforts by providing objective quantitative data analyses and insights to address business issues and to support strategic decision making for the company. He/she utilizes SAS and advanced statistical techniques to:
- Increase understanding of effectiveness/ROI of all promotional efforts, including marketing and field force efforts and to advise on the placement and targeting of future initiatives
- Analyze longitudinal patient-level data to generate market insights and measure performance for brand teams, as well as to inform primary market research, and
- Measure the impact of business unit and multi-product initiatives on product-specific performance
The Analytics Manager/Senior Manager has a broad understanding of pharmaceutical data, including sales and claims data, and which source to leverage in order to answer business questions most effectively. He/she works with functional partners and brand team colleagues to understand business objectives and to apply analytics for marketing projects. The Analytics Manager/Senior Manager conducts critical analyses by integrating multiple data sources to provide an objective viewpoint and recommendations to the Commercial organization.
Major responsibilities include:
- Design and execute analytical measurement techniques to gauge the effectiveness of brand initiatives (40%)
- Make recommendations to brand teams and other stakeholders on the effectiveness of different tactics (20%)
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on analytics, data and measurement as it relates to the brand landscape (20%)
- Partner effectively with other departmental (MA&S) colleagues to provide holistic analytical insights (10%)
- Proactively learn from others and share methodologies/approaches for complex analyses (10%)
Who You Are
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Master's or PhD degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physical Sciences or related field is required.
- At least three years of analytical experience, preferably within pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Proficiency in analytical tools is required (e.g. SAS, SPSS, SQL or S+)
- Expertise in standard analysis and presentation software (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations
- Comfortable with presenting insights and recommendations to stakeholders at various levels of the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority and to develop and maintain strong partnerships
- Proven track record of working effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Experience with secondary data: syndicated sales, promotional and marketing data, longitudinal patient-level data, payer data. Additional knowledge of primary market research or medical research data is a plus
- Experience using patient level data (medical/retail claims) to analyze treatment/usage patterns
- Experience with field force analytics, including customer segmentation, targeting, and promotional response measurements
- Experience working with Marketing teams
- Experience doing marketing analytics; knowledge of e-marketing analytics is a plus
- Experience with advanced statistical techniques such as experimental design, CHAID, uncertainty analysis, data mining, segmentation methods, multivariate regression, construction of score-cards, or predictive modeling
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
No matter who you are or what role you play, you’ll help change the face of medicine and make a real difference in the lives of people facing the most challenging medical conditions. Plus, you’ll thrive in our one-of-a-kind culture, where diversity is celebrated, employees are valued for their contributions and we all serve as advocates for change who continually find ways to do things better.
Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, has multiple medicines on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran
Interested candidates may e-mail their resume to email@example.com.