| GENERAL DUTIES|
* Under supervision, performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the operation of a College or other unit where such work is required on a part-time basis or for a period of limited duration.
* There is one Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned asneeded.
* Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year.
* Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records,operate office machines (such as copier), sort and distribute mail, issue keys and identity cards,act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
* Types letters, memoranda, charts, and similar materials.
* Acts as cashier.
* Assists in statistical or research activities. May collect and compile data, code data for computer entry, perform data entry, and run computer reports.
* Performs clerical library work, such as sorting and shelving books, performing data entry into library systems, or binding books and periodicals.
* Assists in instructional programs, including tutoring and assisting students in areas such as reading and mathematics. May assist in speech and hearing therapy, provide musical accompaniment, and/or distribute and collect physical education equipment.
* Enters and maintains departmental records such as inventory control records, rosters, directories, and schedules.
* May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.CONTRACT TITLECollege AssistantFLSANon-exemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONAccelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) at Kingsborough Community College seeks qualified tutors in the areas of English, Math, and Social Science to assist students on a part-time basis. Tutors will assist students in one-on-one and small group sessions.
* English Tutor will assist students with essays for courses, and preparation for CATW and ACT CUNY examinations.
* STEM Tutor will assist students in various Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, General and Organic Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, and Mathematics areas.
* Social Science Tutor will assist students in the various Anthropology, Archaeology, History, Law, Linguistics, Sociology, Psychology, Communication Studies, Economics, Education, Geography, Political Science, Public Administration, and Environmental Studies areas.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Inter-personal qualities conducive to one-one-one and small-group interactions.
* Familiarity with MLA and APA reference styles of research writing preferred.
* STEM Tutors must be highly qualified in STEM areas (Bachelor's degree in STEM areas preferred)
* At least 64 college credits, Associate's or Bachelor's degree highly desirable in all related vacant areas.COMPENSATIONCommensurate with level of education.
* PhD - $14.93/hr
* Master's Degree -$13.40/hr
* BA/BS - $12.18/hr
* AA/AAS/AS - $11.35/hr
* 64 credits or more (no degree - $11.11/hr)BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 15133 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEReview of resumes to begin July 1, 2016. (On-going recruitment to augment applicant pool).JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Support StaffEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Kingsborough Community College*Job Title:
* Tutor(College Assistant) - ASAP Program - English, STEM and Social Science*Job ID: