CIB Operations Data Science & Analytics – Associate – London
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world's corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
Who we are
We are a small, focused team of data scientists, engineers, and business people set on creating and building analysis and products that transform the way we and our clients do business.
Sure, we are part of a large financial services firm operating in a highly-regulated environment, and that means we are not as flexible or agile as your average company – let alone a startup. But we are careful stewards of our clients' trust and money and combine creativity and speed with discipline and awareness.
It also means that what we build matters and have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach our 1000s of clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business – from trading securities in multiple markets to moving trillions of dollars a day. We won't build it unless we know it is scalable.
We are obsessed with effectiveness, productivity and efficiency; if we find an issue or broken process, we fix it. We work with the right tools, make decisions quickly, and only pursue those ideas that can scale and meet our clients' and our business' critical needs.
This is a fascinating time in our industry. By now, it's a cliché that Banks will have to embrace technology and innovation if they are to thrive in the years to come. We are already bought into this and are committed to show that we can do it, and are looking for others to join. You will:
- Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries – finance and technology.
- Interact with insanely large and fascinating data currently not available anywhere else.
- Develop products that can change the way 1000s of clients operate, and how Banking is done today.
- As an associate data scientists will join a small team and participate in projects executed on by the Office of the Chief Data Science Officer of the CIB as a whole. They will work closely with the head of Data Science, their team leader and other business analysts and software engineers within the CDSO Data Science team to contribute to the advanced data analytics and product development efforts of the CIB as a whole.
- They will help build a foundation of state-of-the-art technical and scientific capabilities to support a number of ongoing and planned data analytics projects:
- Build an in-depth understanding of the problem domain and available data assets
- Research, design, implement, and evaluate machine learning approaches and models
- Perform ad-hoc exploratory statistics and data mining tasks on diverse datasets from small scale to "big data"
- Participate in data architecture and engineering decision-making to support analytics
- Take initiative in evaluating and adapting new approaches from data science research
- Investigate data visualization and summarization techniques for conveying key findings
- Communicate findings and obstacles to stakeholders to help drive the delivery to market
- Code your solutions (this is a hands-on position requiring strong programming skills)
Professional experience as a data scientist or a related software engineering role
Graduate in mathematics, computer science, physical sciences or other quantitative discipline
Thorough understanding of probability and statistics
Expertise in theory and practice of Statistics, Empirical Data Analysis, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
Experience and in-depth knowledge of Python and other modern programming languages
Experience in at least one specialized statistical computing environment
Experience in practical data processing, data mining, text mining and information retrieval tasks
Experience of scalable data management tools including Relational and NoSQL databases, Big Data architectures a strong plus
Knowledge of Python's data analysis and machine learning libraries a strong plus
Great communication skills, team player, self-starter, self , demonstrated strong work ethic
Desire to use modern technologies as a disruptive influence within the Finance domain
Competitive salary on offer
Closing date 18 August 2016
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date - 16 th May 2016