This individual will have responsibility for the academic departments of Biology, Chemistry, Computer Networking, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Natural Science, and Physics on both the Coon Rapids and Cambridge Campuses. This individual will have the responsibility for encouraging innovation in the development and attainment of departmental and divisional objectives, overseeing program review and assessment of student learning outcomes and leading other activities that promote institutional effectiveness and student success.
This individual is also responsible for leading efforts in innovative teaching techniques, including blended and accelerated formats, planning strategically for the future, and supporting faculty and staff in their teaching roles. This position will be instrumental in the development of the college course schedule and will effectively use enrollment data to develop current and future college master schedules in conjunction with academic division leadership, deans and vice president.
Within your cover letter/resume, address how you meet the following qualifications for this position.
- Master's degree
- Teaching experience and/or demonstrated leadership/administrative experience in a post-secondary institution
- Exceptional understanding of and experience in the teaching and learning process
- Ability to mentor faculty in implementing effective teaching and learning strategies and formulate/implement appropriate assessment strategies
- Ability to collaborate with faculty to create departmental goals and objectives within employee contractual regulations
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and evaluation of new and existing programs and processes to support a learning-centered focus
- Ability to develop new programs, including articulations with other post-secondary institutions
- Advance strategic goals and learning objectives through leveraging internal and external funding sources
- Experience with and respect for shared governance
- Interpersonal skills to allow the development and maintenance of working relationships with faculty, staff, administration, and students
- High energy, positive team member who communicates directly and respectfully about achievements and challenges
- Experience leading organizational change through collaboration
- Knowledge of and/or experience with emerging best practices in developmental education and a demonstrated commitment to advancing the outcomes and opportunities of all college learners
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse culture and populations
Complete the Anoka-Ramsey Community College online application form and upload these documents:
(No Paper Applications Accepted)
- LETTER OF APPLICATION,
- UNOFFICIAL/OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS and
- STATEMENT DESCRIBING AN EFFECTIVE CLASSROOM AND HOW YOU WOULD SUPPORT FACULTY IN CREATING EFFECTIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS
Institution: Anoka Ramsey Community College
Vehicle Notice: NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.