APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 18, 2017
The Harvard University Center for the Environment created the Environmental Fellows program to enable recent doctorate recipients to use and expand Harvard's extraordinary resources to tackle complex environmental problems. The Environmental Fellows will work for two years with Harvard faculty members in any school or department while also strengthening connections across the University's academic disciplines.
The fellowship includes a salary of $64,000 per year, employee health insurance eligibility, up to $2,500 reimbursement for relocation expenses, and a $2,500 annual allowance for travel and other professional expenses.
The Harvard University Center for the Environment expects to award approximately six fellowships for the 2017 cohort. The Center will organize a co-curricular program to ensure that the fellows get to know each other and each other's work. All fellows will attend biweekly dinners with their colleagues, faculty members, and guests.
- Please complete the online application form found at http://environment.harvard.edu/application by January 18, 2017 and attach the relevant supporting documents as PDFs:
- curriculum vitae including list of publications;
- detailed research proposal where applicants should explain their specific reasons for applying to a Harvard residential environmental fellowship (maximum of five pages, references counted separately).
Note: While applicants should discuss the proposal with their potential faculty hosts, the final product should clearly be the work of the applicant; and
- up to three publications/writing samples.
- Three letters of reference, including one from the applicant's dissertation adviser.
- A letter of support is also required from the applicant's host committing to serve as a mentor and explaining his or her commitment to the proposed research, including the provision of office or lab space.
Applicants are encouraged to ask their referees and hosts to email letters of reference as PDFs or, if necessary, as Word documents attached to the emails. Referees and hosts should send their letters directly to the attention of Jean Gauthier at the Center at email@example.com.
If you have questions about the fellowship or application process, please contact:
Harvard University Center for the Environment
26 Oxford Street, 4th Floor
Cambridge MA 02138