| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Local travel to construction sites is required and may involve some weekend and evening shifts.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Medicine, General Medical Sciences Division. The position is located at the Taylor Avenue Building (TAB). This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Under the direction of a Research Coordinator or PI, participates in clinical research study activities; screens, obtains consent, and enrolls in study; performs a variety of duties involved in the collection, documentation, and reporting of clinical research data.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with commercial construction partners to recruit and enroll study participants; confers with participants to explain purpose of study and obtain informed consent; follows safety procedures and contractor project rules.
- Collects data on construction sites using survey, observation, focus group, and interview methods; collects administrative data from contractors; tracks study participants over time; conducts phone interviews; performs and/\or oversees data entry.
- Develops and follows internal procedures for ensuring proper data collection, documentation, and organization of important study information; communicates procedures with research team and PI and updates procedures as needed.
- Monitors data collection progress, taking into consideration the study aims and timeline of the project; prepares oral or written reports setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations to the PI.
- Communicates regularly with all members of the research team; utilizes in-person meetings and phone calls to ensure effective communication with the research team and construction partners; uses email as a secondary method for effective communication.
- Uses established procedures, but also able to make autonomous decisions within provided guidelines.
- Serves and protects the research study by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- May oversee student research assistants.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by research team.
High school diploma plus 2 years of administrative or research experience, preferably in a medical environment; Associate’s degree or 2 years of college may substitute for experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field; 2 years of work experience.
- Working knowledge of computer programs and systems; excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Work experience or knowledge of the construction industry; previous field research experience.
The hiring range for this position is $16.58 - $20.73 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C7.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.