This position will support the area of Restorative Dentistry in the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. They will support the Graduate Prosthodontics program and assist the Program Director. This position will also support the Department Chair of Restorative Sciences and any other areas as directed with administrative support functions. This position calls for an experienced professional who can multi-task, think proactively, work independently, and be part of the team of Restoratice Sciences administrative profressionals. This position interacts with students, staff, faculty, university administrators and community stakeholders within the School of Dentistry and beyond.
Administrative Support to Graduate Prosthodontics Program
- Support Program Director (schedule meetings, Google Calendar, correspondence);
- Coordinate and support the Graduate Prosthodontics Program and its residents: Includes coordinating the appliacations and interviews for potential residents, corresponding with potential and current residents and answering questions, offering residency and onboarding new residents and overall support to Prosthoditnics Residents.
- EFS duties for faculty and residents: purchase supplies, arrange for travel, process expense reimbursements, conference registration, reconcile PCard purchases, etc. following UMN Policy;
- Schedule meetings for the Graduate Prosthodontics faculty and residents as well as division and department faculty including corresponding and communciating the meetings, creating agendas, taking minutes, etc.
- Plan, coordinate, and administer the graduate prosthodontics schedule of faculty cocering the clinic. Work with front desk staff on any resident, clinic, patient concerns and relate to Program or Division Director as needed.
- Communicate and work closely with deparmtent and division administrative support team as well as staff, faculty, students and residents.
- Maintain and coordinate roster of Graduate Prosthodintics faculty with Division and Department administrative support.
- Serve as a role model of teamwork, collaboration and professionalism in working with faculty, staff and administrators in the division, department, and School of Dentistry;
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with SOD alumni to renew the changing pool of future adjunct faculty appointments.
- Provide administrative support to course directors, coordinate Moodle, online classroom platform, with current course syllabi, upload documents and track data as requested.
- Work with Measurement Services for course testing and scoring.
- Track student progress and enter grades.
Restorative Department and Department Chair Support
- Coordinate the interview and hiring process for adjunct faculty in the Department (work with Division Admin support)
- Assist and support Department Chair with highly confidential situations and processes and maintain confidentiality throughout.
- Assist in the on-boarding process for new faculty hires in the department and/or division including preparing SD01s, collecting the required documentation, HIPAA training, Axium access, clinic ID, UCard, MN dental license, immunization records, and CPR certification;
- Orient new faculty to the department and/or division, setting up mentoring schedules, to foster engagement in the School of Dentistry;
- Manage parking key cards for part time department faculty.
- Schedule bi-weekly and monthly meetings as directed, and provide clear communication to the department chair, program director, and/or other participants in a regular and timely fashion in advance of meetings;
- Prepare agendas for meetings, attend meetings, record & disseminate minutes;
- Coordinate and assist with annual reviews for department faculty
- Participateand Coordinate Promotion and Tenure process in the department
Other duties as assigned (5%)
- Cross-train to provide back-up coverage for other divisions within the department or other departments as needed.
- Respond to changing environment and event staffing needs within the School of Dentistry.
- Other duties as assigned
*This position is represented by a bargaining unit, AFSCME Clerical. Dues or fair share deductions will be made.*
Salary Range: $32,656.00 to $54,932.80 USD/year