University of Massachusetts Lowell
Multiple Faculty Positions in Plastics and Biomedical Engineering
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Plastics and Biomedical Engineering
Lecturer - Plastics and Biomedical Engineering https://jobs.uml.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55112
Located 25 miles northwest of Boston, Massachusetts, the internationally recognized Department of Plastics Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is the largest ABET accredited plastics program in the Unites States. The Department is looking to deepen its core competency in plastics engineering while meeting the rising demand for plastics in medical devices. Applications are invited for tenure track and non-tenure track faculty positions in the following areas:
- Polymer or plastics engineering, with interests such as: polymer processing (e.g. molding, extrusion, compounding, 3D printing), plastics machinery and product design (e.g. controls, modeling, simulation, strategy), and polymer materials (e.g. characterization, constitutive modeling, process-structure-properties interaction).
- Biomedical engineering with a focus on medical devices such as: medical device design, biomechanics and physiology, biomedical modeling and simulation, biomaterial-tissue interactions, biomedical device manufacturing and regulations.
- Earned doctorate in Plastics, Polymer, Materials, Biomedical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or a closely related area
- Outstanding research record in area(s) of expertise
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to teaching
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Successful applicants will collaborate with existing faculty members, teach classes to support the undergraduate and graduate programs, develop new courses, advise and recruit graduate students. Research active faculty are expected to develop a robust, externally funded research program.
For more information about these positions and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.uml.edu and/or the links provided above.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.