All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
- Bachelor (BS or BA) degree in life sciences (Biology, Immunology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or equivalent) or Basic Sciences (Chemistry or equivalent) and one year of related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience to equal five years.
- Experience must include on year of laboratory experience, including mastery of tissue culture and sterile techniques and handling hematopoietic cells and cancer cells.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications are required.
- A Masters (MS or MA) degree is desirable but not required.
- Prior experience (>6 months) in a laboratory with a fundamental understanding of purchasing systems and experience communicating with vendors and other company representatives, supervising graduate and/or undergraduate students, scheduling and coordination of laboratory meetings, and overseeing laboratory safety.
- Highly desirable skills include proficiency in contemporary cellular, molecular, and biochemical techniques, including, but not limited to fundamental knowledge of methods in flow cytometry, isolation of proteins and nucleic acids, cell culture, PCR, RT-PCR, immunoblotting, cloning, transfection/transduction, sequencing, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, microscopy, and digital imaging. While training in handling and working with laboratory mice may be helpful, it is not required.
- Familiarity with software for sequence design and analysis, flow cytometry, database management, and coding is preferred.
- Demonstrated capability in directing the technical aspects of a research project is preferred.
The position requires some physical activity, including receiving packages, occasionally lifting heavy objects and boxes, careful fine dissecting and separation of tumor or diseased tissues from normal tissues, pipetting of very small quantities of material, and accessing equipment that may be located in tight comers and/or shelves or storage areas that are difficult to access. All possible accommodation will be made for individuals who have physical handicaps but can otherwise perform the duties described.