For almost 50 years, Entegris has been a provider of critical products and materials used in advanced high-technology manufacturing. These products and materials are often used to make the building blocks of many of the world's most complex microelectronic products, such as computers, mobile devices and phones, data storage components, televisions and monitors, and automobiles.
Headquartered in Billerica, Massachusetts, Entegris employs approximately 3,500 people worldwide, with roughly half employed in Asia-Pacific or Europe.
With research and development, customer service, analytical labs, and manufacturing in Asia-Pacific, North America and Europe, Entegris supports customers around the globe as they take technology to the next level.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
People and Teamwork
Accountability, Integrity and Trust
Creativity and Innovation
Entegris is seeking a Senior Research Scientist to join the Membrane R&D team within Entegris LMC division to support liquid filtration products as a part of a larger group of R&D professionals. These products are used primarily in the semiconductor manufactories and related chemical suppliers. The Scientist will be responsible for developing novel and advanced surface chemistry modifications for chemically inert polymeric membranes such as Polysulfone, UPE and Teflon for microcontamination control of fine particles and metallic ions in a semiconductor fabrication environment. This position is located at our Bedford, MA facility.
The Scientist will spend about 60% of his/her time on conducting laboratory experiments. Specific responsibilities include:
- Hands-on development of surface chemistry using coating and grafting membrane processes.
- Develop new methods for activating C-F or C-H bonds on inert polymeric membranes.
- Design and conduct experiments to develop, characterize and test new products
- Compile and analyze test information with good laboratory practice.
- Lead projects and technical teams.
- Must have strong problem-solving aptitude, with a desire to conduct experiments and do “hands on” work.