Faculty Position in Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy
Concordia University Wisconsin, a Lutheran higher education institution in Mequon, Wisconsin, committed to helping students grow in mind, spirit, and body, is currently seeking a qualified and motivated professional to fill a permanent full-time position as Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Medicinal Chemistry in the Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences of the School of Pharmacy.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, and service, and should meet the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exemplary teaching or research scholarship in medicinal chemistry or pharmacology;
- Experience teaching professional students (e.g., Pharm.D., M.S., Ph.D.).
Preferably, that candidate would also:
- Demonstrate the potential to attract external funding;
- Have teaching and research interests complimentary to those existing within the Department and University;
The faculty member’s primary responsibilities will include, but is not limited to:
- Teaching Pharm.D. students in the Pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry course sequence;
- Teaching M.S. students in the Master of Pharmaceutical/Chemical Product Development program;
- Advising and mentoring Pharm.D. and M.S. students;
- Collaborating with scientists within the School and with other colleges and universities;
- Providing service to others, i.e. participation in School committees and external organizations
The Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences is responsible for the teaching in the area of biomedical sciences, pharmacodynamics, medicinal chemistry, toxicology, pharmaceutics, pharmacy administration, and pharmacogenomics. The department is responsible for the development, delivery, and refinement of all courses offered in these areas. For more information, contact Christopher W. Cunningham, Ph.D.: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For guaranteed consideration apply between September1st 2016 and December 15th 2016. Interviews for select candidates will begin January 2017. The application acceptance and interview window will be expanded if a candidate is not selected in the first round of applicants.
Interested candidates should send: a letter of interest with completed employment application; curriculum vitae with names and contact information of three references; statement of planned research; and teaching philosophy to:
Human Resources – Pharmacy Medicinal Chemistry
email@example.com or fax to 262-243-3414
You may find more information at our webpage: https://cuw.applicantpro.com/jobs/456100.html
Concordia University Wisconsin, whose campus is on the Lake Michigan shore, is just 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee. It is an accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering undergraduate majors, graduate programs, and adult education undergraduate majors.