The Department of Pharmacology at the California Institute for Biomedical Research (Calibr) is seeking talented Postdoctoral Fellow candidates to join a dynamic, interdisciplinary team of scientists focused on early stage translational research. Calibr is seeking a highly motivated individual within Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism group who will focus on providing bioanalytical support for discovery and development of novel drug candidates for the treatment of various diseases with high unmet medical need. The position requires good bioanalytical skills and laboratory experience, with an emphasis on quantitative sample analysis of biological matrices from in vivo PK studies and use of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and automation. This role will perform experiments, organize, and analyze results, as well as communicate and present in team meetings. This role will be expected to follow established experimental protocols as well as develop and implement new assays as required. Work will be published in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals.
On successful completion of the program, the fellows fluent in both Mandarin and English will have the opportunity to transition to a permanent position at the Global Health Drug Discovery Institute, which is to be established in Beijing China by Tsinghua University and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The small molecule DMPK group is dedicated to enabling the discovery, development and commercialization of safe and effective small molecule medicines by elucidating the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and pharmacokinetic properties of small molecule drug candidates. We accomplish this through the application of state of the art technologies and science of pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, PK/PD modeling, enzyme kinetics, drug transport and bioanalysis.
- Develop small molecule LC-MS/MS methods for quantification in various biological matrices (plasma, brain, whole-blood, etc.) in support of exploratory PK and in vivo pharmacology studies
- Organize analytical run data and analyze results
- Perform non-compartmental analysis (using Phoenix WinNonlin) and reporting results to project teams
- Maintain LC-MS/MS system (AbSciex) and independently troubleshooting when needed
- Participate in project team meetings
- Maintain proper documentation (e.g., laboratory notebooks and computer files)
- Maintain excellent written and oral communication with supervisors, peers, and team members