What Is Required:
• Ph.D. in related field (ideally, chemistry or chemical engineering).
• Demonstrated strong experience in organic chemistry.
• Demonstrated strong experience in molecular DFT methods with strong publication history in this field.
• Experience with molecular dynamics (e.g., LAMMPs) methods a plus.
• High aptitude and desire for programming and building software infrastructure.
• Experience with networking, Unix, and running/scaling at supercomputing centers.
• Prior ability or desire to learn large scale data analysis / data mining.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience in object-oriented programming, preferably with Python.
• Experience in database design and usage (SQL or noSQL).
• Experience in working on collaborative programming (version control, unit testing, etc.).
• Knowledge of chemical synthesis principles that can be used to guide simulation-based searches.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on October 7, 2016.
• This is a 1 year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 4 of years paid postdoctoral experience.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=80735 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab understands the postdoctoral experience in a research environment is unique. We are committed to the growth and development of early career researchers in pursuit of becoming next generation scientists and engineers. Read about the excellent postdoctoral benefits at Berkeley Lab (http://www.garnett-powers.com/postdoc/lbl/).
Berkeley Lab addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".