- Ph.D. in Chemistry (with expertise in natural products, organic or bioorganic research).
- Expertise in botanical extractions using steam distillation, liquid-liquid extraction, supercritical or other methodologies.
- Best practices with methodology, protocols and documentations.
- Experience managing projects and teams including forecasting, project planning, communications, budget, and deadlines.
- Proven track record of accomplishments or end results.
- Background and expertise in biochemistry and biology highly desirable.
- Demonstrated integrity and honesty in all aspects.
- High degree of personal motivation, a desire to make an immediate contribution and possession of a distinct sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced continually changing environment with high expectations.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent scientific skills in experimental design, data collection, problem solving and documentation.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and motivated by accomplishment.
- Advanced computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) and statistical analysis (SAS or comparable program).
Decision Making & Freedom to Act: Kemin believes in allowing its employees the freedom to make decisions and action them in accordance with their ability and level of reporting.
Working Conditions: The Scientist position is based at Kemin Industries Discovery Research headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa. The exempt-level position is considered to be 40 hours per week, but requires tremendous flexibility and may require operations monitoring on off-shifts including weekend and holiday work to meet deadlines.
Kemin is constantly seeking talented individuals to join our worldwide organization and offers a comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to, Holiday, Vacation, and Sick pay, Medical & Dental insurance (including HSA option), 401K, Regional Bonus Plan, Flexible Spending account, Fitness Plan, EAP, Education Assistance, International Assignment opportunities, Training, and Transit benefits. Employees should also expect continuous learning and career growth opportunities, open and direct communication, and a fulfilling work environment.
A POST-OFFER PHYSICAL, INCLUDING DRUG TEST, IS REQUIRED
KEMIN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER