DEPARTMENT: School of Arts and Sciences
DATE OPENED: Consideration of applications begins immediately
STARTING DATE: January 9, 2017, or August 17, 2017 (as negotiated)
SALARY: Competitive salary and start-up, excellent benefits package. Nine-month contract with potential for summer appointments.
engage, inquire, discover, innovate!
The Department of Natural Science at Peru State College invites applications for a tenure-track position in Chemistry. Peru State College is a small, rural, residential liberal arts college with a strong tradition in Natural Sciences focused on biochemistry and integrated organismal biology as a pathway for advancement to professional or graduate study.
- Teaching a 12 hour load per semester of undergraduate coursework;
- Advise and mentor students;
- Provide service to the College and actively participate in campus life on main campus in Peru, NE;
- Demonstrate active professional development and contribution to the academic discipline;
- Pursue continuous improvement of instructional practices;
- Implement student engagement practices in and outside the traditional learning space;
- Establish a modest but aggressive research program that includes mentored undergraduate research;
- Work effectively with a diverse student population, many of whom are first generation college students.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: An employment application is available on our website at www.peru.edu.Submit the completed application plus letter of interest, curriculum vitae clearly showing education, work background and years of experience, statement of teaching philosophy, and academic transcripts (photocopies accepted). Please address teaching and research abilities in the letter of interest. This position is subject to veterans preference.
GENERAL INFORMATION: PSC’s “Campus of a Thousand Oaks,” an arboretum campus, is nestled in historic southeast Nebraska. The state’s first and fastest-growing college, Peru State offers a unique mix of innovative online and traditional classroom undergraduate and graduate programs, including online graduate degrees in education and organizational management. PSC is a member institution of the Nebraska State College System. For more information, visit www.peru.edu or call 1-800-742-4412.
Peru State College is an equal opportunity institution. PSC does not discriminate against any student, employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities, including but not limited to admission decisions. The College has designated an individual to coordinate the College’s nondiscrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title VI, VII, IX, and Section 504. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to Eulanda Cade, Director of Human Resources, Title VI, VII, IX Compliance Coordinator, Peru State College, PO Box 10, Peru, NE 68421-0010, (402) 872-2230.