| Job Type/Schedule:|
The position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Develop recruitment strategies and coordinate recruiting activities with the Admissions and Recruitment Director. Travel individually or in groups to represent the Division of Biology & Biomedical Sciences at graduate student recruitment fairs, bioscience conferences and invited speaking engagements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather data and analyze results of recruitment efforts.
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach targeted audiences through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, print, website, etc.).
- Manages the DBBS PhD Alumni Activities; coorindates outreach to DBBS alumni; answers general inquires and questions; and is responsible for the Alumni website content. Maintains databases, tracking key information on PhD Alumni to be used for administrative, grant application and student recruitment purposes.
- Develop and coordinate recruitment seminars/workshops with faculty and staff geared towards prospective students as well as scheduling/hosting campus visits.
- Assist with PhD Admissions as deemed necessary by the Director of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Other duties as required to support the mission of the Division of Biology & Biomedical Sciences.
Bachelor’s degree with major in biology, marketing, communications or journalism considered. Three years of experience in higher education.
- Bachelor's degree, with major in biology, marketing, communications or journalism considered. Computer related course work and graphic design skills highly desired.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing, presentation and communication skills. Three years of experience in higher education. Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability. Prefer social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge. Some experience in web or graphic design, web development, and SEO. Knowledge of education CRM systems a plus.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems diplomatically and efficiently, using good judgment and available resources effectively. Must be able to analyze and recommend actions, with good judgment and focus on objectives. Time management skills and ability to identify and coordinate appropriate resources will be necessary.
- Must interact positively and effectively with faculty, applicants and administrative personnel, both within Washington University and other institutions.
- Manages recruitment budgets and resources. Must be able to manage financial resources, analyze problems, identify solutions and resolve conflicts, in addition to managing multiple tasks effectively.
The hiring range for this position is $49,881 - $64,837 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.� Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is within the Division of Biology & Biomedical Sciences on the School of Medicine Campus.
Manages marketing outreach and communication with prospective applicants and alumni through various print, electronic, and web based avenues, as well as personal contact via recruitment travel and special events, in addition to reporting recruiting, alumni and applicant data and outcomes.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G12.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Applicant Special Instructions:
This position requires estimated 25% travel.