Science and Engineering Quad Services Manager - 72737
Science and Engineering Quad Services Manager, Classification H, 100% FTE, Exempt
School of Engineering, Facilities
Stanford's School of Engineering (SoE) is looking for an individual to lead our team of three who provide our colleagues with an excellent customer service experience while scheduling event spaces and conference rooms, managing two food vendors, and communicating service requests to staff, business partners, and vendors. The Science and Engineering Quad (SEQ) is a unique facility, connecting multiple disciplines Schools of Earth, Energy, and Environmental Sciences; Engineering; Humanities & Sciences; Law, Medicine, and the Dean of Research- in one geographical area.
The SEQ Services Manager will work as part of a collaborative team of building managers, health and safety specialists, and project managers to support our colleagues in the Science and Engineering Quad and the School of Engineering. The manager must be highly effective in collaborating and communicating with leaders from all the disciplines represented in the quad. The manager must exercise sound judgement and excellent customer service, presenting a positive and professional image of the university and facility at all times. The SEQ Services Manager reports to the Director of Facilities Planning and Management.
SEQ info: https://engineering.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/downloads/seq-trifold-brochure.pdf
- Independently implement, administer, and evaluate day-to-day activities of the Quad Services staff.
- Collect and analyze data; create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and /or recommendations to achieve the goals of the SEQ and the SoE.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise, and implement procedures.
- Represent the SEQ and the SoE within the department, unit, or school. May also represent the SEQ to external constituencies like visitors or external clients.
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include communications, events, training, and/or conferences. Participate in development of budgets and oversee budgets, monitoring and approving expenditures
- Supervise and direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelors degree and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgement in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- We are unable to provide Sponsorship for this position.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently use a telephone, write by hand.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 lbs.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of Californias Silicon Valley, is one of the worlds leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 that is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote healthy and fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter (outlining why this position is of interest and they feel theyre qualified) and a rsum to be considered for this opening.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest!
Location: School of Engineering