Rockland Country Day School, an independent Pre-K- Grade 12 school in Congers, NY, seeks an experienced teacher, able and eager to teach 8th Grade Earth Science, High School Biology, and AP Biology. The RCDS faculty is innovative and collaborative and we seek candidates to complement the strengths of our program and to add his or her own expertise and background to provide additional breadth to the core curriculum. A housing option is available.
Teachers at Rockland Country Day School are responsible for delivering high quality instruction to our students. Candidates should possess the ability and willingness to work with students in large and small group settings using multiple teaching methods to reach a broad range of students.
Teachers are required to follow our curriculum guide, plan engaging and challenging units of study, differentiate instruction as needed, use formative and summative assessments, and create end-of-unit performance assessments which demonstrate what students know and can do independently. Teachers are also expected to participate fully in the life of the school, be a team-player, a supportive colleague, a hard worker, offer extra-curricular activities, after school academic help, and attend school events.
In addition to a strong academic content background, the ideal candidate is an experienced independent school teacher. The incumbent should also be committed to issues of diversity, leadership, inclusion, and equity.
- Advanced degree in education and content area
- A passion for working with young people
- A desire to collaborate in a dynamic community of teachers
- An openness to professional development and continuous learning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in working with students in an academic setting.
- Experience in course design, planning, and implementation.
- A pleasant and collegial approach to work and, ideally, a sense of humor
- Experience in curriculum mapping, backwards planning, creating performance assessments and integrating technology a plus