A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Under the general direction of the SVP Global Health, the Global R&D Analytical, Technology and Operations Lead is responsible to lead and drive the R&D platform core sciences and related technologies essential to the growth of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare in support of the overall Product Design, Products Research, and Development processes across Global Health and Wellness and on a regional basis. Leads and executes general administration of the Global PCH R&D Development hub and site located in Richmond Virginia and ensures compliance with applicable regulatory and compliance requirements. Interfaces directly with multiple regulatory and government agencies. Represents Pfizer externally with community agencies and partners. Provides oversight to the Global R&D Capital budget and partners with internal stakeholders to build capabilities and platform solutions for deployment across the PCH R&D network and 3rd party strategic partners.
1. Provides leadership oversight and direction to the cross-category core sciences, technology and R&D operational functions to ensure accurate, timely and appropriately validated data and systems in support of product development activities and regulatory / compliance requirements. Accountable for, but not limited to, the following major R&D functions: Global PCH Analytical Science and Development, Materials and Product Chemistry, Global PCH Clinical and Consumer Supply Operations, cGMP R&D pilot manufacturing, Statistics, Microbiological Science, PCH Global Import / Export, Laboratory Operations.
2. Identifies, assesses and executes opportunities to build capabilities at Richmond site as well as across PCH R&D network, either physical or functional, and provide recommendation and action plans to PCH senior leadership. Ensures platform and operational consistency and connectivity across Global PCH R&D sites, and applicable 3rd party development partners.
3. Ensures colleague training and talent development leading to robust succession plans. Ensures effective and efficient scientific and laboratory based policies and procedures are in place (with a continuous improvement approach) to provide robust, complete, accurate, and validated data packages (e.g., analytical, statistical, stability and microbiology) acceptable (submission ready) for global filings to Boards of Health.
4. Provides single point of accountability for Richmond site operations. Leads Richmond Site Leadership Council and executes site objectives and initiatives in partnership with matrix leadership team.
5. Partners with Business Technology to implement laboratory based technology and data systems. Leads the development and execution of laboratory and R&D network strategies in partnership with site leaders across the R&D network. Allocates resources in support of on-going site strategy and develops plans to enable deliverables of Health and Wellness, R&D network and the site engineering and site services delivery model.
6. Serve as an active team member of Global Health Leadership Team.
7. Coordinates and serves as point of contact for senior leader and external visits and events at Richmond site.
8. Develops an engaged work force and positive culture.
To be considered for this position please go to Pfizercareers.com and apply to Job ID: 1038195.
Degree - PhD in pharmaceutical, chemical, physical or biological sciences. A lesser Scientific degree will be considered with commensurate experience.
• 12- 15 years of related industry experience
• At least 8 years of experience leading a mid-size to large team.
• Successful track record in leading and developing individuals within a matrix environment.
• Professional maturity and presence with advanced written and verbal communications skills.
• Able to develop pathways in ambiguous situations and adapt to frequent change
• Demonstrated experience in design and launch of a broad range of global consumer products, preferred.
• Role model of the OWNIT! culture
A detail-oriented strategic leader with the ability and presence to develop and execute strategic plans, initiatives with organizational influence.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
International and domestic travel required on as needed basis. Approximately 10-20%
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.