This position is covered by the AFSCME Clerical Union. Union/Fair share deductions may be made.
This position provides executive assistance to the director and SRN team (SRN: Integrated Urban Infrastructure Solutions for Environment). This includes: scheduling, logistics, preparation, and communications and support for activities and new proposals and grants.
1. (30%) Scheduling: Coordinate the scheduling and calendar of the SRN director and the scheduling of SRN activities and meetings.
• Maintain the daily calendar of the SRN director using Google calendar software.
• Take initiative to schedule meetings requested by the SRN director, finding open times for participants and reserving meeting rooms using Google calendar software.
• If rescheduling is required due to unexpected events, notify meeting participants and find an alternative time and place as needed.
• Act as liaison with other scheduling staff to ensure SRN director is available for requested meetings.
• Be a resource for people wanting to reach the SRN director and alert the director using text messages about urgent requests.
• Be responsible for scheduling recurring SRN meetings, in coordination with SRN director and staff. Adjust dates and meeting rooms as needed if a recurring date has a conflict.
2. (25%) Logistics and Preparation: Coordinate travel reservations for the SRN director and assist in preparing materials needed for meetings and events.
• Make flight, surface transportation, and hotel reservations for the SRN director and register the SRN director for events as needed.
• Develop detailed trip itineraries for the SRN director, showing daily schedules of events, travel, meetings, and contact people.
• Act as liaison to event staff in following up on invitations of SRN director to speak or participate at events, confirming schedules and needed information with SRN director.
• Work with SRN director to assist in the preparation of speeches, presentations, slides, handouts, and other information and materials used by the SRN director at events, workshops, training, and meetings. Maintain files in SRN folders.
• Keep receipts of travel epenses and develop reimbursement documents for the SRN director, coordinating with accounting staff as needed to ensure payment.
3. (20%) Communications for SRN director: Assist the SRN director in communications to distribution lists and others and be contact person on behalf of the SRN director for internal and external parties.
• Make telephone calls and send e-mail messages on behalf of the SRN director in response to queries and requests received by the SRN director.
• Create and maintain various distribution lists of SRN internal and external participants, proactively updating them with changes as needed.
• Draft e-mail messages to distribution lists from notes and e-mail audio dictation from the SRN director and finalize them after final edits from the SRN director.
• Send final e-mail messages from the SRN director to distribution lists.
• Assist SRN director in preparation of letters, getting the director’s signature and mailing the letters when final.
• Assist staff in ensuring that updates to the SRN web page are done in a timely matter.
• Organize and maintain files in SRN folders.
4. (15%) Support to SRN Staff: Assist SRN staff in carrying out SRN activities
• Assist in research management activities as needed.
• Assist in the planning, scheduling, and implementing of SRN events.
• Assist in student activities and be a resource for students who have questions.
• Act as liaison in resolving issues related to office space and equipment.
5. (10%) Proposals and Grants: Support the SRN director and staff in the development of research proposals and the management of grants.
• Assist the SRN director and staff in development of proposals, ensuring version control during drafting, proper formatting of final proposals, and submission by deadlines.
• Support the SRN director and staff in hiring processes for new staff and in recruiting and assignment of students needed for funded proposals.
• Support the SRN director and staff to ensure that funded grants have required status reporting and meet milestone deadlines.
Pay range: $15.70 - $26.41 hourly