Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Senior Scientist - High Throughput Core Facility
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Job # BIO004662
A motivated scientist who has extensive high throughput protein purification and automated liquid handling experience on implements of analytical methods in support of cell line development, process, and DS/DP for biologics development. This includes state of the art method development and analytical characterization of mAbs, mAb fragments, Fc fusions, and other modalities. An experienced scientist who has in depth understanding of ICH, EMA and FDA guidelines for CQA of biologics drug substances and drug products. A scientist who has strong organizational, communication and teamwork skills with the ability to work in large, multidisciplinary development teams. Qualifications
- Advanced degree in Biochemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Independently plan and execute experiments of large number of samples with specified timelines;
- Exercise sound technical judgment to solve a wide range of complex scientific problems and interpret scientific findings;
- Deep and broad knowledge of trouble shooting and equipment maintenance including TECAN and UPLC/HPLC;
- A minimum 2 years of hand-on experience of TECAN or other liquid handling system and UPLC/HPLC systems;
- Solid, proven hands-on experience in high throughput protein purification method and in depth and broad knowledge of small scale column chromatography;
- Candidates must have experience in handling large number of sample preparation and analysis and generating reports;
- Proven track record of protein attributes analysis (titer, aggregation, N-glycan, etc.);
- Expertise of database and statistical software (e.g. Excel, Access, etc.);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Preferred: Experienced in developing high throughput assays.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this position, please visit our career site at merck.com/careers, search jobs, create a profile and submit your resume for requisition # BIO004662 to:
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement