| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences . This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsibilities support Washington University’s ICTS multi-institution NIH Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA). Position specializes in project management for two key ICTS initiatives: ICTS Just-In-Time (JIT) Funding Program and ICTS communications. Key responsibilities include managing the JIT process from application through approval to award closeout and implementing a communication strategy aimed at raising internal and external awareness of ICTS initiatives and impact.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- WU ICTS JIT Funding Program Management
- Serve as the lead contact for all JIT-related administrative functions. Act as a liaison between the awardees, core directors, program committee members, and ICTS leadership.
- Manage the JIT process, materials, and data. Receive, administratively review, and track the JIT Funding Program applications submitted by faculty investigators for the monthly deadline while ensuring adherence to ICTS, University and/or federal guidelines as applicable.
- Facilitate monthly JIT reviews and communicate outcomes to applicants. Coordinate the review of the monthly applications with the funding review committee and issue awards/rejections where applicable.
- Process JIT financial transactions. Manage financial aspects including monitoring expenses and processing FIS/AIS documents from cores for awarded projects and issue statements to awardees.
- Execute JIT award closeout and prepare reports. Perform final closeout of awards and provide monthly reporting of the JIT program to ICTS leadership and the funding program committee members.
- ICTS Communications Management
- Develop and evaluate a strategic communications plan. This individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of an annual, data-driven strategic communications plan for the ICTS. Evaluation of the plan will also be conducted using appropriate process and outcomes measures.
- Develop and implement content for the ICTS’ print, video, and electronic collateral materials, including brochures, reports, presentations, posters, informational videos, e-mail campaigns, and event materials. Develop concepts, write original copy, and edit copy for print and electronic collateral. Distribute materials to target audience(s).
- Oversee and implement the ICTS’ website, online, and social media presence. Manage the web site content, including evaluation of other online avenues for raising the ICTS’ visibility (e.g. blog, social media, etc). Identify and develop strategic partnerships to help advance the goals of the ICTS.
- Oversee and implement tactical communication strategies for major events. Coordinate with venues, contractors, and other stakeholders to implement communication components for events including but not limited to setup and cue, photography, recording, and video.
- Serve as the ICTS liaison to other University communications departments and University’s Office of Public Affairs and Office of Medical Public Affairs.
- Other Functions
- IRB regulatory tracking and maintenance of database
- Maintain tracking documents of activities noted above under Essential Functions and provide status reports as required.
- Document processes, develop guidelines, and organize efficient storage and access to data for repeatable administrative processes.
- Assist with coordination and support of ICTS/CTSA special events on an as needed basis.
Equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with five years’ experience in project management and communications in a higher education or healthcare environment.
- Significant experience with spreadsheets, word processing, database, and internet tools
- Superior writing, editing, planning, and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Previous research and/or grants administration experience highly desired.
- Preferred working knowledge of Photoshop and Indesign experience in developing, maintaining and following procedures related to department communication and social media management.
- Demonstrated experience of creativity and effectiveness in developing/executing strategic communications plans to achieve measurable outcomes and understanding best practices.
- Working knowledge in the use of CRM systems to develop and manage constituent relationships and experience in using data from these systems to develop and execute targeted communications via email campaign management systems.
- Analytical and organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Expertise with spreadsheets, word processing, database and internet tools
- Superior interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Capacity to establish timelines/deliverables
- Ability to function effectively under deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Team player who works closely and supportively with all stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, when required
- Demonstrated ability and expertise in handling varied aspects of project management
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
The hiring range for this position is $45,219 - $57,657 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G10.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.