Date: October 13, 2016
Position Title: Manager, Quality and Science
Reports To: Director, Quality and Science
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) is a medical professional society of more than 4,200 members with a total staff of 29 and a $5.3M annual operating budget. It is an energetic, fast-paced organization with multi-faceted opportunities in the area of addiction medicine.
The Manager, Quality and Science, engages ASAM leadership, society members and partners to advance quality care for the specialty of addiction medicine. The manager works closely to support ASAM’s Quality Improvement Council and related committees to develop and disseminate ASAM quality improvement related documents and resources (e.g., clinical guidelines, performance measures). The manager supports the Council in executing its strategic plan by engaging experts and overseeing development work led by external consultants.
- Staffs ASAM’s Quality Improvement Council and its associated subcommittees.
- Supports the ongoing development and dissemination of ASAM quality improvement related documents and resources.
- Engages ASAM members to serve as experts in responding to requests for comment and/or endorsement of quality improvement related materials from key stakeholder groups (e.g., federal agencies, professional societies).
- Engages ASAM members to serve as experts in responding to clinical questions about ASAM’s quality improvement resources.
- Primary responsibilities for these roles include:
- Managing projects and relationships with organizations retained to help create, update, and/or validate ASAM quality-improvement related documents.
- Researching questions related to ASAM quality improvement related documents and resources.
- Engaging with ASAM’s marketing team and partner organizations to support marketing and dissemination of ASAM quality improvement related materials.
- Supporting council and committees including drafting meeting minutes, updating reports to ASAM’s Board of Directors, organizing conference calls and face-to-face meetings, preparing and tracking project budgets.
- Supports ongoing activities of the ASAM’s Quality and Science Department.
- Some travel required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of work experience in relevant health care setting (e.g., association, quality improvement organization, consulting) desirable.
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Policy or a related field desirable.
- Experience with MS Office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
- Resourceful, proactive and flexible.
- Comfortable working with senior management and association leadership.
Works closely with:
- ASAM Director of Quality and Science.
- ASAM’s Quality Improvement Council and associated subcommittees.
- Association vendors, partners and consultants.
Recruiting salary range: $48,000 – $52,000
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
ASAM provides equal opportunity to all staff. No person shall be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, physical handicaps, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other category that is protected by federal law or the laws of the Maryland.
ASAM is proud to be honored with the Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility for its use of flexibility and other aspects of workplace effectiveness as a workplace strategy to increase business and employee success. ASAM was one of eight organizations and the only association to be recognized in the state of Maryland.
ASAM Staff Values: As an organization, our work has national and generational impact. We are an energetic, scrappy, and resilient team who are passionately dedicated to providing hope and redemption in the addiction field. Our safe, positive and professional work environment allows us to celebrate both our successes and shortcomings. We help and support each other as a family of compassionate individuals. We work with pride and an insatiable hunger to change the addiction field and to leave our mark.