Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Associate Director, Real World Data Science
The Real World Data-Science (RWD-S) Manager is responsible for managing a group of RWD Scientists that provides expert advice and services to pre-approval and post-approval development and product portfolio programs across Roche. These services extend to RWD applications for Safety pharmacovigilance, Regulatory, Clinical, Operations, Global and Local Medical Affairs, and patient access program activities. Typically, their accountability extends across multiple molecules and one or more disease areas.
- People development and management
- Line management responsibility for individual contributor RWD Scientists of all seniority levels, including setting of individual accountabilities and objectives and performance evaluation on an ongoing basis and at regular review sessions.
- Coaches RWD Scientists without taking on their formal project responsibility, e.g. by the use of informal regular project reviews or preparation for cross-functional review meetings and by reviewing project deliverables
- Ensures continued career development for RWD Scientists through selection of work assignments and on-going coaching and training
- Builds and maintains strong collaborative relationships and effective partnerships with key cross-functional colleagues (e.g., peer managers in other functions)
- Ensures projects receive sufficient resources through workload planning with other RWD-S managers (including Regional Head of Analysts) and coordination with other functions
- Advises RWD Scientists on RWD strategy development and execution
- Ensures adherence to business processes, identifies opportunities to improve business processes, and encourages consistent approaches to RWD-S accountabilities
- Leads RWD-S and cross-functional initiatives
- May serve as a member of global cross-functional teams (e.g. GDT, GMAT) providing strategic input and RWD-S expertise into the CDP, TPP, AMP, and ABP
- May serve as the leader of one or more RWD-S Disease Area Teams
Who You Are
Skills required for this role include:
- Demonstrated managerial skills with individuals working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to develop staff through coaching and mentoring
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that projects are neither over- or under-resourced, and that staff is working on high-value activities at a scope in line with business need
- Ability to champion processes and practices to ensure functional norms and best practices are being applied
- Experience in design, implementation and reporting of real-world data studies in the pharmaceutical industry
- Good understanding of private and public real-world data sources
- Adept at explaining analytical basics to a broad range of stakeholders
- Communicates clearly and effectively in written reports, data presentations and meetings.
- Actively establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other functions; is co-operative, takes cultural and value differences into account in dealings with others.
- Flexible with a systematic and goal-oriented working style
- Shows initiative and business awareness
- Good knowledge of international regulatory and ICH GCP guidelines.
Background/Experience and Education:
- PhD in Epidemiology, Outcomes Research, Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or similar areas of academic discipline.
- Good knowledge of English in a business environment.
- Experience managing quantitative scientists
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
No matter who you are or what role you play, you’ll help change the face of medicine and make a real difference in the lives of people facing the most challenging medical conditions. Plus, you’ll thrive in our one-of-a-kind culture, where diversity is celebrated, employees are valued for their contributions and we all serve as advocates for change who continually find ways to do things better.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply" button below.
Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, has multiple medicines on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran
Apply Link: http://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job/apply/3106259558?src=JB-11480