REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 10+ years of experience with medical devices where polymer chemistry is a critical element essential in the product.
- An advanced degree in Chemistry and/or Polymer Chemistry is highly desired.
- Expertise in the conception, formulation, optimization, automation, processing, characterization and manufacture of a unique silicone polymer composition of a specialty medical device.
- Experienced in leading process improvement projects with the goal of enhancing robustness for commercial manufacturing.
- Extensive experience working in a GMP laboratory / facility environment. Knowledge of general GMPs, as well as good documentation practices.
- Expertise in analytical chemical testing including gas and liquid chromatography, gel permeation chromatography, UV/Vis, FTIR, viscosity and materials mechanical testing.
- Vendor development through multiple phases of manufacturing.
- A proven track record in innovation, technology implementation and commercial manufacturing.
- A demonstrable track record of success in achieving and maintaining high quality standards.
- A "hands-on" leadership style that inspires a strong, cohesive, team-focused work environment.
- A consistent record of effective leadership and management skills which clearly identify the individual as being visionary, strategic and a strong team player who works well in an informal, entrepreneurial environment.
- Creative technical skills that lead to innovative approaches to the development process.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply creative solutions to challenges.
- Manages and motivates staff (including: hiring, firing, performance management, and recognition duties)
- Assess staffing needs, and recruit staff using appropriate methods
- Train, direct and appraise staff
- Impart a sense of urgency to direct reports and a willingness to make and meet commitments
- Plans and organizes workload and staff assignments
- Issues written and oral instructions; assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, or equivalent; and more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of direct managerial experience
- Strong preference for a minimum of 10 years in medical devices industry where polymer chemistry is a critical element essential in the product.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheet Software
- Laboratory Management System
- Project Management System