Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Job Function:
As an individual contributor; the function of a Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist is to provide support for the regulatory department to ensure efficient and compliant business processes and environment. The individual may execute tasks and play a consultative role by partnering across business functions. The individual may assist in identifying data needed; obtaining these data and ensuring that they are effectively presented for the registration of products worldwide. The individual may prepare and submit documentation needed for registration worldwide or may oversee such preparation.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
Core job responsibilities for this function may include:
• Assist in SOP development and review
• Provide regulatory input to product lifecycle planning
• Continue to revisit and compare regulatory outcomes with initial product concepts to make recommendations on future actions
• Assist in the development of regional regulatory strategy and update strategy based upon regulatory changes
• Understand; investigate and evaluate regulatory history/background of class; disease/ therapeutic/diagnostic context in order to assess regulatory implications for approval
• Determine trade issues to anticipate regulatory obstacles
• Determine and communicate submission and approval requirements
• Participate in risk-benefit analysis for regulatory compliance
• Assess the acceptability of quality; preclinical and clinical documentation for submission filing
• Compile; prepare; review and submit regulatory submission to authorities
• Monitor impact of changing regulations on submission strategies
• Monitor applications under regulatory review
• Monitor and submit applicable reports to regulatory authorities
• Evaluate proposed preclinical; clinical and manufacturing changes for regulatory filing strategies
• Negotiate and interact with regulatory authorities during the development and review process to ensure submission approval
• Maintain annual licenses; registrations; listings and patent information
• Assist compliance with product post marketing approval requirements
• Review and approve advertising and promotional items to ensure regulatory compliance
• Assess external communications relative to regulations
• Review regulatory aspects of contracts
• Assist with label development and review for compliance before release
• Submit and review change controls to determine the level of change and consequent submission requirements
• Analyze the input of cumulative product changes to current product submissions
• Contribute to the development and functioning of the crisis/ issue management program
• Ensure product safety issues and product-associated events are reported to regulatory agencies
• Provide regulatory input for product recalls and recall communications
Position Accountability / Scope:
Individuals execute and manage technical and scientific regulatory activities. Must function independently as a decision-maker on regulatory issues; and must assure that deadlines are met. Effectively communicate; prepare; and negotiate both internally and externally with various regulatory agencies. Properly interpret and apply regulatory requirements. Work is performed without appreciable direction and exercises some latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Individual is recognized as an expert in work group.