- Scientist-Protein Purification
- Anokion US
- Cambridge, MA
- Aug 13, 2017
Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Code SPP0817
Anokion is searching for a Scientist in Protein Purification to provide to provide expertise in developing our immune tolerance technologies into targeted therapies for autoimmune diseases. This individual will apply state-of-the-art downstream production technologies to scale up biologic entities (antibody-like proteins and polymers) to high milligram-scale internally and work with CMO’s to produce GMP clinical trial materials.
The successful candidate will actively be involved in production and characterization of Anokion’s lead molecules, using their targeted skill set to fulfill the following responsibilities:
· Design, develop and carry out purification protocols with recombinant molecules produced in different expression systems as well as polymeric chemical entities.
· Work closely with the head of the Therapeutics Development and Analytics group and others within the organization to plan tasks, determine resources and schedules, and present data within and outside the organization.
· Provide leadership to 1-2 associate scientists in the lab and mentor inside and out of the group to ensure backup redundancy for all critical functions
· Interpret results and assist in authoring technical protocols/reports, production SOP’s and CMC sections in regulatory documents
· Leverage latest advances in purification methods to develop, optimize, troubleshoot, remediate, qualify, validate and transfer production methods to CRO or CMO organizations
· Develop and validate analytical methods and biochemical assays for in-process characterization in support of formulation, drug product development and stability studies.
· May occasionally provide backup to characterization efforts
· PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience in industrial analytical laboratories supporting method development and testing of commercial or clinical protein products.
· Expertise in liquid chromatography on 10L+ scale, preferably on AKTA workstations, including scalable separations techniques such as TFF/UF/DF, and chemical modification of protein and glycoprotein molecules
· Experience with characterization techniques such as HPLC and immunoassays (e.g. ELISA) strongly preferred
· Demonstrated success during a minimum 5-year industry experience in a scientific leadership role, with a preference for pre-clinical to Phase I GMP biologics development
· She or he should be a dynamic, independent, flexible, well-organized, pro-active, collaborative-minded individual interested in contributing to excellent research science in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com (Job Reference SPP0817)
Applicants should be legally eligible for employment in the United States.
Anokion, a spin-off from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), is focused on applying the company’s antigen-specific immune tolerance technology to reduce the immunogenicity of therapeutic proteins and to treat autoimmune and allergic diseases. As a platform technology, Anokion’s approach to antigen-specific tolerance.
More search results
Assistant Professor in Analytical Chemistry, Tenu…
UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
Research Assistant / Technician 5
UBC Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Pharmacology Faculty Member (Assistant/Associate/…
Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine
Laboratory Technician I (UCP 3)
Adjunct Professor of Environmental Science
University of San Francisco