- Associate Principal Scientist
- Kenilworth, New Jersey, United States, 07033
- Sep 15, 2017
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Associate Principal Scientist
Job # BIO004862
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Scientist to join the Merck Sterile Formulation Sciences unit in Kenilworth, NJ. In this laboratory-based position, the candidate will be responsible for biophysical and biochemical characterization of biotherapeutics, such as complex proteins, monoclonal antibodies, and derived modalities
- PhD with a minimum of 4 years' experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biophysical Chemistry or related fields of experience OR MS with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biophysical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- Direct experience with biophysical characterization complex proteins, monoclonal antibodies (e.g., CD, FTIR, DLS, DSC, etc.)
- Knowledge of biochemical characterization assays (e.g,. chromatography assays)
- Strong laboratory and experimental skills, data analysis and verbal communication skills, ability to multitask, collaborate and prioritize.
- Experience with drug product formulation and manufacturing processes development for therapeutic proteins, process scale-up and optimization.
- Knowledge and experience with MS techniques including HDX
- Knowledge and experience with analytical ultracentrifugation
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications and presentations
- Experience as scientific mentor and/or team leader
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
To be considered for this position, please visit our career site at merck.com/careers, search jobs, create a profile and submit your resume for requisition # BIO004862 to:
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement