- Production Manager of Physical Analytics
- Charleston, Tennessee
- Mar 27, 2017
Production Manager of Physical Analytics
WACKER POLYSILICON is the global leader in the production of hyperpure polycrystalline silicon for the photovoltaics, solar and semiconductor industries. At our Charleston, TN site, we are currently looking for a Production Manager Physical Analytics.
The Production Manager is responsible for the Physical Lab and reports directly to the Senior Manager Analytics. This position will be responsible for the technical and disciplinary management of Physical Analysis CHA, consisting of the laboratory in 24/7 shift operations, area manager and technical specialist. The production manager will also be responsible for providing suitable methods of analysis for reproducible characterization of polysilicon, chlorosilanes and for producing required media. Ensuring process support of Physical Analysis CHA, focusing on uniform processes at all sites of the business division.
- Disciplinary and technical management of employees (shift work including area manager, process engineer and technical specialist)
- Technical instruction of Team Members in other organizational units
- Directing and optimizing work processes and monitoring work results
- Responsibility for measurement equipment in Physical Analysis CHA
- Managing preparatory processes in Analytics: test separation, sample preparation, crystal pulling and measurement with a focus on uniform processes at all sites of WACKER Polysilicon
- IMS documentation of analysis process
- Participation in solving analytical problems of claims and production quality issues
- Ensuring IMS conformity of the laboratory (safety, quality, environmental protection)
- Master's Degree in Physics, Chemistry or similar; PhD preferred
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- 5-10 years relevant experience in semiconductor knowledge of analytical methods, in particular spectroscopy, of semiconductor physics preferred
- Experience with standard software (MS-Office, SAP R/3) preferred
- Knowledge of polysilicon production and polysilicon properties preferred
- Leadership with responsibility for personnel, organizational talent, authority, creativity
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas to Germany for a period of 6 - 9 months for initial on-the-job-training
- Plant environment, working in a clean lab room
- Personal Protective Equipment is necessary: handling of hazardous chemicals, instruments with lasers, extreme cold gases (liquid He, liquid N2)
- Candidate must pass a pulmonary function test to be capable of wearing an air purifying respirator, if required.
WACKER participates in the federal government's E-Verify program. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to www.uscis.gov and click on the 'E-Verify' logo.
More search results
Sales & BD Mgrs/Directors/VPs in Building Blocks,…
PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing), Inc.
Group Leader/Principal Scientist - Surface and Po…
Saint-Gobain Innovative Materials
Director of Process Engineering Research; Chemica…
Cambrex High Point
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Targeted Drug De…
NRC Research Associateship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine