- Sr. Manager – Polymers
- Honeywell - Advanced Materials Technology
- Buffalo, NY
- Apr 3, 2017
Sr. Manager – Polymers
Honeywell is seeking top talent for our Senior Manager – Polymers opportunity in our Buffalo, NY location.
The incumbent will have the exciting opportunity to lead development efforts for discovery and development of polymers, owns polymers breakthrough programs for a $ 0.7 BB business and maintains technology lead over competitors.
Own Polymer original projects from idea up to Stage 2, of the New Product Development (NPD) projects.
Support Applications Development thereafter
Drive exploration and development of new and improved potential future products
Own polymer roadmaps
Travel up to 20%
YOU MUST HAVE:
• MS degree in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or similar discipline
• 5 years minimum demonstrated track record in creative development of new and original polymers and their applications
• 5 years minimum project management /product development utilizing “stage gate” type processes, “road mapping” and quality systems such as “Six Sigma” working in progressively more responsible jobs in a large scale technically oriented product solution company or multinational corporation
• An ability to listen, analyze and communicate effectively regarding technically oriented product solutions for key customers
• A strong knowledge of stage gate type processes—6 Sigma Green or Black Belt would be a plus
• Proven ability to lead, influence, coach and mentor others in a matrix /cross functionally oriented organization where the number of potential projects is constantly growing and changing
• Demonstrated ability to drive change while enhancing communication at all level of the organization
• Demonstrated track record as a facilitator of communication and problem solving among teams of professionals who report to other enterprise leaders focused on driving technology development solutions that meet discrete market or specific client needs
• Solid accomplishments with respect to managing, coaching and helping to develop people in the organization who are either direct reports or members of cross functional teams (who are not direct reports) within in the organization
• Strong ability to communicate verbally or in writing
• Excellent presentation skills
• Continuous personal development
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.