As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
About This Job
This position is responsible for conducting quantitative risk assessments for crop protection products and traits in North America. You will provide technical advice on study designs for regulatory and research oriented studies as well as advice to support new and existing registrations of Syngenta products and traits.
You will work closely with regional/global regulatory and product safety teams as well as other functional teams to produce risk assessments for regulatory submission and to develop and optimize technical/scientific capabilities. You will represent the company through participation in professional organizations/workshops, industry-wide task forces and at meetings with regulatory agencies.
Participation and interaction with the global Environmental Safety team will also be required. This role may also require working collaboratively with external researchers to advance the science of ecotoxicology and environmental risk assessment.
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Gain an understanding of the FIFRA and Endangered Species risk assessment process
- Gain an understanding of the Syngenta portfolio in order to interact with internal and external customers to support Syngenta products.
- Understand and comply with the regional and global requirements that are placed on the team and deliver work products on time and to the required standards.
- The successful candidate will have experience working in a team-oriented environment managing multiple projects, possess excellent analytical, interpretive and communication skills, and be able to adapt technical skills to changing needs.
- A strong capacity for problem solving, planning, organization, and the ability to develop technical skills in disciplines beyond the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position.A high level of advocacy skills and an ability to work with senior scientists and others internal and external to Syngenta.
- This position is suited for an energetic team-oriented individual who also has the ability to operate autonomously.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- This is a mid-level position for a Ph.D candidate.
- Ideally 3 years or more of relevant experience and with a background in basic or applied ecotoxicology, toxicology, ecology, environmental science, risk assessment or related discipline.
- A background in genetics and/or molecular biology is desirable.
- Travel- 15%
- Relocation support is available
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US without visa support